Zac Efron. I want to go to there.
Last night, instead of having our regularly scheduled meeting, I (Erin) went to see 17 Again with my Bible study. It was awesome (in the biblical sense) and I daresay that it made me feel seventeen — nay, sixteen — again. We were the only ones in the theater. Between the six of us, we smuggled in four Diet Cokes, Skittles, Milk Duds, Riesens, Swedish Fish, Junior Mints and plenty Good ‘N’ Plenty. Also, six inappropriate crushes.
Here’s what you need to know before going — and you should go.
1. This will be a familiar story. Take one part It’s a Wonderful Life, two parts Big and 13 Going on 30, a splash of Freaky Friday, and mix vigorously. Add a dash of Cat Power and Spoon. Fold in Massage Zac Efron and the other actors.
2. Thomas Lennon is a funny man. Best known for playing the plum-smuggling cop on Reno 911, Lennon plays a rich, unfortunate geek obsessed with fantasy and sci-fi. Also, he has bad hair.
3. It will make you uncomfortable. There’s no two ways about it: Making out with your father/mother/daughter/son is gross. But also kind of exciting?!!?
4. The word “twinkledouche” will quickly become part of your vocabulary. I challenge you to work this into casual conversation over the next week or so.
5. Zac Efron is 21 and therefore, not completely inappropriate.
In conclusion, ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCC!