1) We are pleased to welcome Bevin Beers to the world of blogging. You can check out Sea-Swimming here. She also agrees that you should buy the new Sigur Ros immediately. But read her blog first.
2) We have been informed by the Deer Park Police Department that we should be able to reclaim our Macbook, iPod and digital camera sometime in early August after our thief goes to trial. Until then, those who have requested to see a picture of Scooter Thomas will have to settle for this picture of another alcoholic feline:
3) In response to several questions from readers, This Day In Vore History will be an ongoing series telling, among other things, how the Vores came to be. But it will also highlight other notable events in Vore history. For example, on July 29, 2004, according to Ben’s dayplanner, the Vores rented a U-Haul to get Erin moved in to our first apartment. This is actually a terribly boring example, so we promise to pick our Vore landmarks with greater discretion in the future.
4) There are some nasty rumors floating around about marital tensions in the Vore household over the new Hold Steady album, perhaps resulting in one-half of voreblog being relegated to the couch. We have no comment at this time. Ben’s brother Dan, however, saw THS Sunday night in Portland, Oregon, and was so close to the stage that he was sprinkled with Craig Finn’s holy spit. Apparently the bassist also thinks Dan’s girlfriend is attractive because he winked at her roughly twenty times.
5) Ryan Mecum is slated to visit Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati on Wednesday, October 29, to read from Zombie Haiku and possibly eat various customers’ brains. Mark your calendars now.
6) And while your calendars are out, if you’ll be in the greater Madison, Wisconsin, area on Thursday, August 7, go see Lion v. Fish open for Eef Barzelay at Cafe Montmarte. Eric Bescak might very well get arrested for any number of reasons, most of them involving misplaced-affection-gone-wrong-leading-to-accidental-assault on Eef himself.